Sunday 21 March 2010

White Rabbits

For some time now I've been working on the design of a crochet rabbit. My first design was OK, but I thought it was a little too small and fiddly to crochet. Not a good basis for a pattern really, especially for the less experienced crocheter.

So I've fiddled and pfaffed with the design and now I think I have it. My little bunny is slightly bigger and the ears are much better, although I may end up fiddling with them a bit more. This is where my pattern designs often come to a halt, as I tend to get a little fed up with fiddling, and move onto something different. But I'm determined to finish this pattern and get it published.

The other aspect of design for me is to make sure my creations are different to what's already out there. Now that'a a challenge, especially with something like a rabbit as there are lots of amigurumi bunnies out there, some of which are really sweet.

I checked all of the online shops like etsy, folksy, MISI and I happy that my little bunny is quite different.

I hope you like her - I have some little 'additions' to make - they're a secret, but will just finish her off nicely. I'm in the process of writing up and checking the pattern, so it should be available in the next few weeks.



1 comment:

Lula said...

gorgeous! I love how you've posed him :)