Monday 25 January 2010

Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home ......


I've finished my latest design - a cute pair of 3D ladybird Bootees. I'm so pleased with the way they've turned out. They're so cute. The ladybird spots stick out and the eyes and antennae are sewn on, to give a 3D effect.

I've still not quite finished with writing up the pattern as I'm struggling with photos. I think I will knit them in a different colour so that I can take photos of the knitting stages, as the red isn't photographing well on white background. It's taken me a while, but I'm determined to write up my knitting and crochet patterns that are half done, before someone else beats me to it!!

I started off using 4ply, but double knitting worked better. I just had to adjust my stitches and spots to suit the thicker yarn. The first size are tiny, but I've left them in the pattern for a preemie baby or doll.

I'd love to hear what you think....

1 comment:

Nedacat said...

Omg so sweet <3 love them