Thursday 30 July 2009

Needles Aside

I put down the needles and hooks for a week or so, as we had our family holiday to Menorca. Yarn and sun creams don't mix well, so I put the needles aside and concentrated on relaxing and enjoying my family. We had a fantastic holiday and the weather was sunny and hot. The hotel was brilliant (our fourth visit to the Barcelo Pueblo in Menorca). It was spotless as usual and the food was great. I didn't starve, despite my various food intolerances and allergies. On the contrary - I ate more than I do at home, yum.


I read two fab books - The Other Boleyn Girl, which is about Anne's sister Mary. Very interesting and captivating - I couldn't put it down and would recommend it to anyone who loves historical novels.

I then read 'The Island' by Victoria Hislop. A sad, but again captivating read. I would definitely recommend both books for a great holiday read.

We're back at home now, and the kids off school, so not much crafting or designing to be done. I'm knitting and crocheting some lovely preemie stuff - blankets, gowns and hats. I've been promising myself I would do some for a while, so I'm taking some time out to finish them off for preemies UK.

I finished another pattern too just before we went away. It's a cute pattern for baby bootees. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and can't wait to give this pair to a friend's baby at the weekend. The pattern is for three styles of baby shoes and is available in my etsy, folksy and misi shops.

No comments: