Tuesday 7 April 2009

Cakes, Cakes and more Cakes

It's been ages since my last blog - oops. Times really flies when you're knitting. I've been busy knitting cakes for baby ballet. My daughter's dance teacher asked me to knit 12 cakes for her baby ballet class. They 'pretend' with them - buy them, carry them, place them nicely on a plate and pretend to eat them. It helps them with presentation and posture. They absolutely loved them and had loads of fun. I knitted them from my latest knitting pattern for butterfly cakes, fairy cakes and currant buns.
I also crocheted some cakes from my new crochet pattern and knitted a few doughnuts too. A nice selection for baby ballet.

My latest crochet pattern was a bit of a whirlwind really. I was contact by the Editor of a new crochet magazine. She asked me if I was interested in designing a crochet cupcake pattern - how exciting. The deadline was really tight so I only had a couple of weeks to come up with something good. The Editor sent me the yarns that will be free with the first edition, and this is what I came up with. I was really pleased with the result. I have sent the pattern and the cakes through to the mag and the response was really positive, so fingers crossed, they will be featured in the first edition.

These patterns are listed in my Etsy, MISI and Folksy online shops, if you would like to make some for yourself....

No comments: